How Much Do Dental Clinic Fitouts Cost?
For a dental clinic fitout, you might need $1500 to $2000 per square metre. This applies to basic, medium and high-range fitouts.
Project completion could be 5 to 6 weeks. How long it will take depends on project requirements, size, kind of materials and finishes to be used and several other variables. The project will require the following:
- Interior and exterior painting
- Flooring installation and modification
- Plumbing, electrical and HVAC installation
- Compliance to regulations and Council approvals
Why dental fitout is a requirement
Often the space is bare (developer took care of the base construction). It’s the tenant’s responsibility to carry out the renovations and improvements. The improvements will require careful planning, design and execution to ensure compliance to requirements and a smooth workflow.
What happens during fitouts
Dental fitouts often go through the following steps:
- Initial consultation
- Design proposal and project planning
- Costing analysis
- Compliance and regulation checks
- Project execution
- Project handover
- After-project support (such as when the dental clinic need further improvements)
It should be a complete and integrated approach which includes the design, construction and selection of the following:
- Office facilities
- Dental chairs
- Furniture for the reception/waiting area
- Consultation and treatment rooms
The overall design and theme should align with the clinic’s specialty. For instance, for kids’ dentistry the reception areas and treatment rooms should feature bright and warm colours (make the place look more friendly and inviting).
Also, you have to ensure a smooth workflow for you and your staff as well as comfort for the patients (during waiting, consultation and treatment). The spaces should be big enough while ensuring efficient and intelligent use of space.
Most likely you will review the designs several times before you finalise the plan. Attention to detail is crucial here because rework is expensive (and will cause disruptions and downtime). Preferably you want to make the project last for a few years before you will require more significant renovations and improvements.
Later on the dental clinic will require more improvements such as:
- Expansion of space
- Addition of new equipment and treatment or diagnostic rooms as your expertise expands
- Addition of more dentists, assistants and other staff
- Modernisation of the dental clinic to keep up with the times
If you require more information about dental clinic fitouts, you can contact us here at Archcon. Our leader and team have more than 10 years of experience in the construction industry and project management.